- Certified colour copy of each applicant’s current Passport(s) showing name, photo, citizenship/nationality, date and place of issue, expiry date, passport number, and issuing country.
- Certified colour copy of applicants’ current National Identity Card(s).
- 8 original Passport sized photos of each applicant taken within the past 6 months. (N.B. One of the photos in each set of eight must be certified).
- Certified copy of full birth certificate (i.e. a birth document that also includes your parent's details).
- Police Certificate “certificate of no criminal record” or “police clearance certificate” from country of citizenship (unless you can provide satisfactory evidence that you have never lived there) and from any country where you have lived more than 6 months over the past 10 years. Police certificates must be less than six months old at the time you lodge your application.
- Certified copy of Military Records (if applicable).
- Certified copy of proof of name change (if applicable).
- Medical Certificate including original results of an HIV test (an HIV test is required for all persons twelve (12) years and older applying for citizenship. The HIV test results must be not older than 3 months.
Other supporting documents required from the main applicant:
- At least 1 original bank reference letter issued by an internationally recognized bank, not older than 6 months.
- At least 1 original professional reference (e.g. from an attorney, notary public, chartered accountant or other professional of similar standing) not older than 6 months.
- 1 original document of evidence of residential address (e.g. certified copy of a recent utility bill or bank statement showing full name and address, or written confirmation from a bank, attorney, chartered accountant or notary public).
- 1 Original excerpt of marriage record or certified copy of marriage certificate(s) if applicable (i.e. if married persons apply together).
- Certified copy of divorce documents (if applicable).
- Statement of source of funds to be invested in Antigua and Barbuda.
- A sworn affidavit of support for each dependent (excluding spouse) over 18 years of age.
- Written confirmation from an accredited university or college of further education confirming the applicant’s enrolment where a dependent aged 18-25 years is in full time education and applying with the main applicant.
Other documents required specifically for the Real Estate Option:
- Copy of duly executed real estate contract (Purchase and Sale Agreement) to be submitted with the application forms.
- Evidence of title transfer to be submitted after applicant receives approval in principle.
Any other document required as evidence, explanation or otherwise in support of any of the answers given or statements made during the application process.
Approval in Principle – After the Government has performed its due diligence / background checks on the applicants and there are no issues or concerns identified, then the Government issues a letter of “Approval in Principle” which effectively means citizenship has been approved subject to the applicant’s submission of all required documentation and confirmation of either the real estate investment or contribution to the NDF. The applicable real estate investment or NDF contribution is payable after the applicant has been approved in principle.